Annette Funicello's Steak in a Bag
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak, cut 2 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons garlic spread
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Trim fat from steak. Make a paste from garlic spread, vegetable oil, salt and
seasoned pepper. Spread on both sides of steak.
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs; pat on steak. Place steak in brown paper bag
(large enough to fit steak comfortably). Seal loosely with paper clips.
- Bake in
preheated 375 degrees F oven for 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees
F and bake steak for 15 minutes longer.
- Unseal bag to serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Afterthoughts: For easy handling, place bag on cookie sheet during baking. Annette
advises, "You can bake steak early in the day, then bake at 425 degrees F just
before serving. The steak is out of this world."
Per Serving: 338 Calories; 15g Fat (40.8% calories from fat); 35g Protein;
14g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 654mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat