4 boned, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
4 slices prosciutto
or boiled ham
1/2 cup finely chopped apple
1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2/3 cup milk (skim is fine)
1/2 cup shredded
provolone cheese (2 ounces)
Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Pound breasts flat. Place one prosciutto slice atop
each breast half.
- Combine apple and 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice. Place a fourth of the apple
mixture on each breast half. Roll up and secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle
with additional pie spice. Place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered,
in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till tender and no longer pink.
- In a small saucepan, cook onion in margarine till tender.
- Stir in flour
and a dash pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly; cook and
stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in cheese till melted.
- Serve sauce over chicken rolls.
- Serve with rice.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes
>> All Chicken Recipes