Baked Lemonade Chicken Breasts
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 cup water
2 1/2 pounds
boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix lemonade concentrate and water together. Pour over chicken in large
bowl, being sure the chicken is well coated with lemonade mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Drain chicken and reserve liquid.
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a small paper bag. Add well-drained
chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat. Add floured chicken; cook
only until evenly browned, turning pieces over carefully with tongs.
- Remove chicken and arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Brush
chicken with melted butter. Add reserved lemonade mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 1 hour, basting chicken with lemonade from pan every
15 or 20 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before chicken is done, drain off excess liquid from pan
and continue baking.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken from pan and serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings
>> Baked Chicken Recipes
>> All Chicken Recipes