Baked Yogurt Chicken
1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) frying chicken, cut up
butter or margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon paprika
2 cups Dannon
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 tablespoons fresh
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or parsley
- Wash chicken pieces and wipe dry. Add salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Fry chicken until golden brown.
- Remove to buttered shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle flour and paprika into pan juices and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in yogurt and mix well. Spoon over chicken.
- Sauté mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and lemon juice for
1 minute and spoon over pan. Sprinkle with the dill.
- Bake, covered, in preheated 325 degree F oven for about 1 1/4 hours, or
until chicken is tender.
Yield: about 4 servings
>> Baked Chicken Recipes
>> All Chicken Recipes