Braised Chicken with Herbs and Shallots
4 fresh chicken thighs
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
1 teaspoon crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge chicken thighs in flour to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan with a lid. Add shallots and
allow to brown.
- Add chicken and sear on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Add garlic
and sauté for about 1 minute, or until you can smell the aroma.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken stock and vinegar and boil until reduced by about half,
2 or 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, basil, marjoram, salt and pepper. Bring
to a boil.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from oven. Spoon a bit of the sauce on top, and serve the rest of
the sauce on the side.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes
>> All Chicken Recipes