1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless
chicken breast halves
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped, or 1 pound
red and yellow plum tomatoes, halved
3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken into flour,
then into eggs.
- Place in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until top is browned
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken.
- Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with tomato topping equals 380 calories,
14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate,
2 g fiber, 42 g protein
>> Baked Chicken Recipes
>> All Chicken Recipes