Iowa Ribs (Chops, Chicken)
This sauce is very good on country style ribs, pork chops and chicken.
- 2 to 4 pounds meat or poultry
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup prepared smoked barbecue
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Put ribs in a heavy greased pan with a lid. Bake uncovered in a 400 degrees
F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over ribs, cover, and return
- Bake about one hour or longer at 325 degrees F.