- Pork bone, such as ribs or shank
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup enriched cornmeal
- 3 cups boiling water
- Cook pork bone in 3 cups boiling water. (pressure cooker is best)
- Take all the meat off the bone.
- Combine cold water, cornmeal and salt. Slowly poor into boiling
meat juice, stirring constantly. Bring to boiling point, cover and
continue cooking over low heat five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a loaf pan. Cool slightly; cover and chill several hours
- When chilled, scrapple is cut into 1/2-inch slices. Fry on lightly
greased griddle or in frying pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.
One-half pound fried bacon, broken in small pieces, may be used instead of the meat from the pork bone.