Banana Passover Sponge Cake
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup cake meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup mashed bananas (2 ripe)
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat yolks with sugar until creamy. Add the mashed bananas, beat well.
- Whip egg whites until stiff (in different bowl). Add cake meal, potato starch
and salt to yolk mixture. Fold in egg whites into this mixture. Add flavoring;
fold in gently.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for an hour, more or less. Use an angel food cake
- Cool upside down for about 30 minutes or until cooled.
- Cut in half with knife. Ice with real whipped cream or Cool Whip. Top with
bananas and a few walnuts.
Yield: 8 servings
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by rosskat from New York.
>> Passover Recipes