Passover Cheese Blintzes
3 large eggs
1/4 cup matzoh cake meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound cottage cheese
1 large egg
1 teaspoon sugar
- To make the batter, in a mixing bowl beat together the eggs, matzoh cake
meal and water to make a thin batter. Mix in salt.
- Place a 6-inch skillet over medium heat and brush with butter. Pour about
3 tablespoons batter into the skillet, spreading as thinly as possible by tilting
the pan to coat the bottom. Fry until brown and carefully turn out, browned
side up, onto a towel. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To prepare the filling, in a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, egg, salt
and sugar. Spread 1 tablespoon of mixture along one side of each blintz. Tuck
in the ends and toll up like a jellyroll.
- In the same skillet, brown the blintzes in butter, a few at a time, over
medium heat and serve hot.
- Serve with sour cream or jam.
Makes 10 servings.
>> Passover Recipes