Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Tired of French fries? Switch to spiced-up sweet potato fries for your next burger or barbecue meal.
- 3 large dark-orange sweet potatoes (3 pounds), peeled
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup Yoplait® Fat Free plain yogurt (from 2-pound container)
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut each potato crosswise into about 4-inch chunks, then cut lengthwise
into 1/2 x 1/2-inch strips.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix Cajun seasoning and cumin.
- Add potatoes; toss until evenly coated.
- In ungreased 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan, arrange potatoes in single layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, turning once, until potatoes are lightly browned
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients.
- Serve sauce with fries.
Prep time 20 Min
Total time 60 Min
Just one 4-ounce sweet potato exceeds the Daily Value for vitamin A and provides
fiber to boot!
A hot oven and placing the potatoes in a single layer on a shallow pan is important
for crispiest potatoes. If potatoes are layered, they'll steam and will be soft.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (about 15 fries and 2 tablespoons sauce)
Calories150 ( Calories from Fat0), Total Fat0g (Saturated Fat0g, Trans Fat0g ),
Cholesterol0mg Sodium460mg Total Carbohydrate33g (Dietary Fiber5g Sugars12g ), Protein5g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A530%; Vitamin C25%; Calcium10%; Iron8%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce