Froggy Chicken Salad Sandwich
Fill this cute Frog with Chicken Salad or one of your other favorite sandwich
fillings for a fun family meal!
3 Rhodes Wheat Rolls, thawed but still cold (makes 2 frogs)
black and green
olives for eyes
- For the body, press 1 roll into an egg shape. Place, pointed end up, on a sprayed
baking sheet. Cut another roll in half. Divide one half into four equal pieces.
Roll each of the 4 pieces into a 2 1/2 inch long rope that is thicker on one end
than the other. Make two cuts into the thick end of each one making 3 fingers or
toes. Place 2 across the bottom of the body for feet. Place the other 2 along the
sides of the body for arms.
- Repeat instructions to make a second frog.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise about 45 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Carefully slice frogs to make a sandwich top and bottom.
- In the top piece, with a sharp knife, cut a smiley mouth.
- Top bottom with chicken salad and put the top on.
- Place olives on the frog for eyes.
Prep Time: 20 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 15 min
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.
>> Cold Sandwich Recipes
>> All Sandwich and Wraps Recipes