Baked Chicken Enchiladas
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
8 flour tortillas
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook the onions
and bell peppers until translucent and softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir; let cook, stirring occasionally, about 5
- Add the chicken broth and salt and cook until the sauce
- Stir in the sour cream. Remove from the heat and add the
chicken and cheese, stirring until combined.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking pan with
- Place a bit of the mixture in a tortilla and roll up. Place, seam
side down, in a baking pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes
>> All Southwestern Recipes