Beef and Spinach Enchiladas
1 pound lean beef or turkey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups frozen cut leaf spinach
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 can chopped green chiles
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup chunky salsa
2 tablespoons cilantro or chopped green onion
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- In 12-inch skillet cook beef and garlic. Drain if necessary.
- Add spinach to skillet, and cook 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat and add
cream cheese, cumin, chiles and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Spoon 1/3
cup mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side
down in baking dish.
- In medium bowl mix tomato sauce and salsa. Spoon over tortillas;
sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cilantro or green onion.
Makes 8 servings.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes
>> All Southwestern Recipes