Elegant Enchiladas Blancas
3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
1 (8 ounce) can diced green chiles
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sliced green
1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and salt
1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced
ripe black olives, drained
8 corn tortillas, warmed
1 (10 ounce) can Rosarita
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large bowl, combine chicken 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, green chiles,
sour cream, green onions, cumin and salt. Add black olives, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons
for garnish; mix well.
- Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each
tortilla. Roll to enclose filling; place enchiladas seam side down, into two lightly
greased 9-inch square baking dishes.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas, dividing evenly between two pans.
- Bake, covered,
at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle remaining Monterey jack cheese and Cheddar cheese over enchiladas.
uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with remaining black olives.
Makes 8 enchiladas.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes
>> All Southwestern Recipes