Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons oil (I like to use sesame oil)
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked and chopped, or whole small shrimp
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (tops also; save some raw for garnish)
- 1/8 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Brown shrimp in oil.
- Add rice; brown lightly while stirring. Add onion and bell pepper, if using; cook for 2 to 3
- Add eggs, soy sauce and salt. Cook, stirring until eggs are set.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Photo credit: jeffreyw on Visual hunt / CC BY