How to Make Perfect Cookies
Kitchen tools, gourmet foods, baking mixes, and hard-to-find baking ingredients mentioned in this article are available at The Prepared Pantry.
by Dennis Weaver
Six Principles of Perfect Cookies
- Use the Perfect Mix or Recipe. Baking is a science. Start out with a
recipe that is perfectly designed. A professional kitchen lab understands
ratios and amounts. Start there.
- Use the best ingredients. That’s especially important with chocolate,
cocoa, and cinnamon.
- Measure right. Measuring cups can easily be 30% off. They don’t have to
be expensive. Test them on a scale. (A cup of water weighs eight ounces.)
- Bake them at the right temperature. Ovens cycle. The temperature might
be 375 degrees F one time and 325 degrees F the next. Solve that problem with an oven
- Bake them for the right time. Use a timer with a second hand. 15 seconds
makes a real difference between dry cookies and moist.
- Get them off the hot pan immediately. Use parchment paper. Then slide
them all off at once. Parchment paper also solves the issue of too much
grease on the pan.
Dennis Weaver is the founder of
The Prepared Pantry, a full line kitchen store in Rigby, Idaho. The Prepared
Pantry sells kitchen tools, gourmet foods, and baking ingredients including hundreds of hard-to-find ingredients.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.