Cheese Steak Taquitos
Enjoy yummy Cheese Steak Taquitos in record time by using your air fryer.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound shaved beef steak or milanesa
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into strips
- Steak seasoning to taste
- Pepper jack cheese slices
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Season shaved beef with steak seasoning, spray with olive oil cooking spray, and place on rack. Cook for 6 minutes, tossing beef halfway through. Remove beef from air fryer and dice.
- Add pepper and onion slices to tray, spray with olive oil cooking spray and cook for 6 minutes, tossing veggies halfway through. Set aside.
- Reset air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Warm tortillas on a stove top or in the microwave.
- Lightly spray both sides of warmed tortilla with olive oil cooking spray.
- To assemble taquitos, add 1/2 slice of pepper jack cheese, diced beef, pepper and onion mixture onto a tortilla. Roll and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place rolls seam-side down on rack. Continue making taquitos until rack is full, being sure not to overcrowd. Cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 543 Calories; 229 Calories from fat; 25.5 g Total Fat (11.6 g Saturated Fat; 5.9 g Monounsaturated Fat); 103.5 mg Cholesterol; 370.5 mg Sodium; 42.0 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.2 g Dietary Fiber; 34.8 g Protein; 1.9 mg Iron; 492.4 mg Potassium; 0.1 mg Thiamin; 0.2 mg Riboflavin; 10.0 mg Niacin (NE); 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.7 mg Zinc; 27.0 mcg Selenium; 97.4 mg Choline
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium. It is a good source of Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin and Choline.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team
Recipe courtesy of: Kansas Beef Council, www.kansasbeef.org