Air Fryer Okra
In addition to being very tasty, okra is packed with nutrients. One of them is
vitamin C – about 36 percent of the daily recommended amount. Air fryer okra uses
much less oil than frying in the skillet.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cut okra
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (more or less) cornmeal or Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Oil or non-silicone cooking spray of choice
- Mix egg and milk in a medium-size bowl. Pour cornmeal or bread crumbs into
a pie plate. Dip frozen okra cuts into egg-milk mixture to coat and lift out
with a slotted spoon and put them into the cornmeal or bread crumbs. Cover the
egg-dipped okra with the cornmeal or bread crumbs and place into air fryer basket
in a single layer. Spritz with oil or non-silicone cooking spray. Fry at 400
degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Remove basket from air fryer and stir okra. Return to air fryer and continue
frying at 400 degrees F for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with kosher or sea salt and serve.
Cook time: 10 min | 6 servings
As with all air fryers, the time may have to be adjusted up or down. It doesn't
hurt to keep checking.