These air fryer fried pickles are restaurant-style fried pickles made at home with less mess and less grease but just as much crunch and flavor. Serve them with a creamy Cajun seasoned dipping sauce for a little added zing!
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 8 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 32 slices Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- PAM® Expeller Pressed Avocado Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Pour pickles into a colander. Rinse pickles well with cold water. Place on clean kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Stir together mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, pickle juice and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning in small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together flour and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning in shallow dish.
- Crack egg into a second shallow dish and beat lightly.
- Place pickles in flour and coat lightly on each side. Dip one at a time into egg and turn to coat. Place pickles back into the flour mixture and coat well. Place in single layer on plate or sheet pan. Spray top with avocado oil spray, flip and spray second side.
- Spray air fryer basket with avocado oil spray. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into bottom of air fryer basket. Heat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place pickles in a single layer in basket. Air fry for 6 to 8 minutes, until crispy and browned, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining pickles and remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Serve air fryer fried pickels with dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information: 211 calories, 13g Carbs
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Brands, Inc.