Herb-Seasoned Sirloin Mushroom Bites
Herb-Seasoned Sirloin Mushroom Bites are a wonderful appetizer!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons finely ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound whole baby bella mushrooms
- Cooking spray/oil mister
- Pulse fennel seeds, rosemary, and red pepper flakes in a spice grinder, food processor, or blender to coarsely grind spices.
- In a small bowl, combine spice mixture with thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, coat steak cubes with olive oil. Then add the spice mixture to the bowl and toss until the steak cubes are well coated.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and cut stems even with the bell.
- In a large mixing bowl, spray mushrooms with cooking spray, stir, and spray again. Season mushrooms with 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place steak bites and mushrooms in an air fryer, being sure not to crowd. Cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove steak bites and mushrooms from air fryer and tent with foil,
allowing steak to rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.