Spicy Pepperoni and Capicola Stromboli
If you have a craving for classic Stromboli taste, look no further than your Air Fryer! To make delicious Stromboli at home, simply stuff store bought pizza dough with spicy capicola, Cabot Garlic and Dill Cheddar, Hot Pepper Spread, and then air fry! Serve slices with marinara.
- Flour for dusting
- 1 (1 pound) ball pizza dough, cut in half
- 1/2 cup jarred hot pepper or "hoagie spread"
- 6 ounces Cabot Garlic and Dill Cheddar, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 ounces spicy capicola, sliced thin
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Dust work surface with flour.
- Roll pizza dough into two flat rectangles, each roughly the size of a sheet of paper.
- Spread hot pepper spread over the dough, leaving about an inch along each side. Top with cheddar, capicola and pepperoni, dividing evenly and leaving a border around edge of dough.
- Roll up Stromboli, starting with narrow end, making a roll about 8-inches wide by 3 inches thick. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Brush oil over the rolls and sprinkle with garlic salt. Slash three small steam vents in the top of the Stromboli.
- Coat Air Fryer basket generously with cooking spray. Set one Stromboli in the bottom of the basket and set into the Air Fryer. Air fry at 350 degrees F for 11 to 12 minutes. Remove the Stromboli from the basket, and repeat air frying the second Stromboli roll.
- Remove the second Stromboli from the basket. If it sticks to the basket, release the screen from the bottom and run a butter knife along the bottom of the Stromboli to loosen it. Allow the Stromboli to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving with the marinara sauce.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 12 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cabot Creamery Co-operative