Use this Two-Ingredient Bagels recipe for bagels, pizza, bites or whatever your heart desires!
Try various flavors of Greek yogurt to make flavored bagels, such as strawberry, raspberry, etc. For savory bagels, use plain or flavored cream cheese as a spread. For sweet bagels, use plain or fruity-flavored cream cheese as a spread. Use your bagel to make an egg and bacon or egg and sausage breakfast sandwich. These are so versatile!
I prefer a silicon brush for brushing on the egg wash. They are very easy to clean and the bristles don’t stick together as in the older brushes. They are much more sanitary than the old bristle brushes.
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I prefer Oikos)
- 1 cup self-rising flour*
* If you don't have self-rising flour, never fear. You can make your own by following these instructions.
- Have ready an Egg Wash. Crack an egg into a bowl and beat it thoroughly with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Combine both ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend until ingredients have formed.
- Knead dough for 2 to 4 minutes. If dough feels sticky, sprinkle flour onto dough and work in until it has the right "feel."
- Coat a cutting board with flour and divide dough into four equal pieces.
- Roll into bagels, donuts, pretzels, turnovers, or calzones.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer.
- Brush on the egg wash.
- Add seasoning of choice to tops of bagels. I like Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel sesame topping.
- Place bagels in air fryer basket.
- Bake at 320 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Cook: 12 min | Yield: 4 bagels
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.