Use this Two-Ingredient Bagels recipe for bagels, pizza, bites or whatever
your heart desires! Try various flavors of Greek yogurt to make flavored bagels,
such as strawberry, raspberry, etc. For savory bagels, use plain or flavored
cream cheese as a spread. For sweet bagels, use plain or fruity-flavored cream
cheese as a spread. Use your bagel to make an egg and bacon or egg and sausage
breakfast sandwich. These are so versatile!
I prefer a silicon brush for brushing on the egg wash. They are very easy to
clean and the bristles don’t stick together as in the older brushes. They are
much more sanitary than the old bristle brushes.
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I prefer Oikos)
- 1 cup self-rising flour*
* If you don't have self-rising flour, never fear. You can make your own by
following these instructions.
- Have ready an Egg Wash. Crack an egg into a bowl and beat it thoroughly with
a fork. Add 2 tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt, and stir until combined.
- Combine both ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend until ingredients
- Knead dough for 2 to 4 minutes. If dough feels sticky, sprinkle flour
onto dough and work in until it has the right "feel."
- Coat a cutting board with flour and divide dough into four equal pieces.
- Roll into bagels, donuts, pretzels, turnovers, or calzones.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer.
- Brush on the egg wash.
- Add seasoning of choice to tops of bagels. I like Trader Joe's
Everything but the Bagel sesame topping.
- Place bagels in air fryer basket.
- Bake at 320 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Cook time: 12 mins | Yield: 4 bagels