Apple Crisp Baked Brie
Cheese and apple crisp make a great team, especially when the cheese in question
is creamy brie!
Apple Crisp Baked Brie can be assembled a few days in advance, refrigerated and baked just
before serving. Try using sliced almonds or walnuts instead of pecans if you do
not like pecans. In place of a pie plate, a 10-inch cast-iron skillet works well,
- 1 (16 ounce) round Brie cheese
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 small to medium red apples, chopped
- Crackers or toasted bread, as desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10- to 12-inch round pie plate or baking dish with shortening or cooking spray.
- Place round of Brie in middle of pie plate.
- In medium bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and pecans. Add butter, and use your hands to incorporate softened butter into dry mixture. (You just want everything to be moist.) Mix in apples. Spread apple mixture over top of Brie and around sides.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crisp topping is browned.
- Serve hot with crackers or toasted bread.
Prep: 5 min | Total: 25 min | Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.