Baked Brie Bites
Yummy puff pastry stuffed with brie cheese and cherry jam!
- 2 sheets all-butter puff pastry, thawed but still cold
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 12 mini wooden ice-pop sticks (optional)
- 4-ounce piece of cold Wisconsin brie cheese, cut into 12 slivers
- 1/3 cup cherry jam or other jam of your choice
- Coarse ground sea salt
- Open puff pastry sheets and cut into thirds along fold creases (store-bought
pastry is generally folded in thirds). Cut each panel into four pieces, 2 1/4-
x 3-inches. One sheet of puff pastry will yield 12 rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle in half. You will have 24 rectangles that will create
- Combine beaten egg and milk. Brush 12 pastry rectangles with egg wash. If
using, place ice-pop stick halfway up length of puff pastry rectangle and press
gently. Place small sliver of brie (rind and all) on top of egg wash (and stick).
Top with 1/2 teaspoon cherry jam. Stretch another rectangle of puff pastry slightly
and place on top of cheese and jam rectangle. Use fork to press edges together,
sealing well. Repeat with remaining rectangles. Pierce top of bites lightly
- Place rack in center of cold oven; heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking
sheet with parchment paper and place bites on sheets. Brush tops with egg wash.
Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.
Servings: 12 bites
Best when served warm.
By Joy The Baker
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brie Recipes