Baked Brie with Cherries and Nuts
Serve this festive appetizer with slices of French bread or crackers.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small wheel (8 ounces) brie cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries (about 12 cherries)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375 degree F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with
- Coarsely chop nuts and place half the nuts on the baking sheet, shaping
them into a circle the size of the brie. Reserve remaining nuts.
- Remove wrapping from brie. With a sharp knife split brie in half horizontally.
Mix together the cherries and jam, spread the mixture on the bottom half of
the brie and then sandwich brie pieces back together, pressing well.
- Whisk the egg in another shallow bowl. Dip the brie on all sides into the
egg mixture. Then press egg-dipped brie into the nuts on the baking sheet. Cover
the top of the brie with remaining nuts, pressing nuts into brie to adhere.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until nuts are toasty and cheese is soft.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Cherry Growers and Industries Foundation
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.