Baked Brie with Cherries and Nuts
Serve this festive appetizer with slices of French bread or crackers.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small wheel (8 ounces) brie cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries (about 12 cherries)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with
- Coarsely chop nuts and place half the nuts on the baking sheet, shaping
them into a circle the size of the brie. Reserve remaining nuts.
- Remove wrapping from brie. With a sharp knife split brie in half horizontally.
Mix together the cherries and jam, spread the mixture on the bottom half of
the brie and then sandwich brie pieces back together, pressing well.
- Whisk the egg in another shallow bowl. Dip the brie on all sides into the
egg mixture. Then press egg-dipped brie into the nuts on the baking sheet. Cover
the top of the brie with remaining nuts, pressing nuts into brie to adhere.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until nuts are toasty and cheese is soft.
Yield: 8 servings
Reprinted with permission from National Cherry Growers and Industries Foundation.
Other Brie recipes you may like...
Baked Brie with Strawberry Glaze
Cranberry Rum Brie
Phyllo Wrapped Black Forest Ham and Swiss Filled Brie
Warm Blueberry Brie