Brie and Bacon in Pastry
Both the height of elegance and simplicity, this rich and savory Brie and Bacon
in Pastry is perfect for a small crowd. Serve fresh grapes alongside.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 (15-ounce) wheel Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Thaw pastry 20 minutes; roll sheet out on a lightly floured surface to a
15-inch square and cut to a 15-inch circle.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice Brie in half horizontally and layer with bacon, almonds and parsley.
Place in center of pastry, trim away multiple cuts of pastry from the folds.
Brush pastry edges with egg wash, pull up sides to enclose.
- Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. If desired, decorate top
with pastry scraps. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min
Marinating Time: 20 min | Servings: 12
Nutrition Information: Calories: 173 calories Protein: 10 grams Fat: 14 grams
Sodium: 289 milligrams Cholesterol: 57 milligrams Saturated Fat: 7 grams Carbohydrates:
3 grams Fiber: 1 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com