Brie with Caramel Pecan Sauce
A brie wheel serves as a spectacular centerpiece and delicious appetizer.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) Brie wheel
- 1 egg, slightly beaten, for glaze
Bourbon Caramel Pecan Sauce
- 1/2 cup cream, whipping
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup C&H Pure Cane Dark Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup C&H Pure Cane granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup, light
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- On lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry large enough to bundle Brie. Gather pastry edges and tie with cotton twine to form decorative top.
- Place bundled Brie on lined baking sheet (use parchment paper or waxed paper)
and bake in the center of preheated 375 degrees F oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cover tip of bundle loosely with foil, if needed, to prevent over-browning.
- Snip cotton twine and remove before serving.
Bourbon, Caramel Pecan Sauce
- Combine cream, butter, sugars, corn syrup and bourbon in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Cover and continue to boil for 1 minute to wash sugar crystals from the sides of the pan. Uncover and continue to boil for 3 to 4 minutes without stirring.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then spoon around warm baked Brie on serving platter.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings | Bake: 20 to 25 min
Recipe and photo photo used with permission from:
C&H Sugar, Inc.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.