Candied Brie with Apple Wedges
Pecans and apples work well together in this great appetizer.
- 1 (4-inch) round brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large tart apple, such as Granny Smith, cut into about 12 wedges
- 5 pecan halves
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Place the brie on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until softened and warm.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
Reduce the heat to medium-low; add the brown sugar and stir occasionally until
- Make acidulated water by mixing the lemon juice into a small bowl of water.
Dip the apple wedges into the water.
- Place the warm cheese in a small serving bowl or on a small plate. Drizzle
with the warm sauce. Garnish with the pecans in a pinwheel formation. Surround
the cheese with the apple wedges.