Candied Brie with Apple Wedges
Pecans and apples work well together in this great appetizer.
- 1 (4-inch) round brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large tart apple, such as Granny Smith, cut into about 12 wedges
- 5 pecan halves
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Place the brie on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until softened and warm.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
Reduce the heat to medium-low; add the brown sugar and stir occasionally until melted.
- Make acidulated water by mixing the lemon juice into a small bowl of water.
Dip the apple wedges into the water.
- Place the warm cheese in a small serving bowl or on a small plate. Drizzle
with the warm sauce. Garnish with the pecans in a pinwheel formation. Surround the cheese with the apple
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.