Cherry Pecan Brie
Sweet cherries, green onion and yellow pepper make strange, but tasty, bed fellows
atop this luscious cherry pecan brie.
- 1 (8-inch) round brie
- 1/2 pound sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Thinly sliced French bread
- Allow the brie to rest at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the cherries, yellow pepper and green onion in a medium
size bowl. Stir in the sugar, using more or less depending on the sweetness
of the cherries, and the salt. Set aside.
- Shortly before serving, assemble the brie. Using a long serrated knife,
cut the brie in half horizontally, separating the top from the bottom. Place
the top to one side and cover the bottom layer with half of the cherry mixture;
cover with half the pecans.
- Replace the top, and with the same knife, gently saw off the thin white
rind of the top of the cheese. Spoon the remaining cherry mixture on top and
cover with remaining nuts.
- Serve at room temperature, accompanied by French bread. (Do not refrigerate
as it will make the pecans soggy.)
Yield: 12 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.