Chili Brie in Sourdough
This was from a McCormick insert in the paper a couple years ago. It is one of
my family's favorites now.
- 1 (1 pound) round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine spices and sugar; set aside.
- Cut circle in top of bread and remove bread center to make room for brie.
- Spread butter in bread; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons spice mixture.
- With knife, make 2-inch cuts around edge of bread at 1-inch intervals.
- Remove rind from brie and place in bread.
- Sprinkle brie with remaining spice.
- Replace top of bread.
- Bake on baking sheet 20-30 minutes.
- To serve, remove bread top and break into bite size pieces.
- Dip bread pieces into hot brie.
Posted by Vicki at Recipe Goldmine 12/17/2001 3:31 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.