Crab Meat and Brie Phyllo Round
Prosciutto and dried cranberries can be substituted for the crabmeat.
- 1 (6-ounce) can flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup smoked ham, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9 x 14), thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, ham, scallion, garlic, pepper and salt,
- Remove rind from top of Brie and top with crabmeat mixture.
- Prepare fillo round by placing Brie in center of intersecting fillo strips
and enclosing with fillo.
- In small bowl, beat egg and water to make egg wash. Brush over fillo round.
Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden
- Cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
For a variation, in place of crabmeat, combine 1/2 cup chopped Prosciutto
with 1/2 cup dried cranberries. Place on top of Brie and continue as above.
Reprinted with permission from Athens Foods.
Other Brie recipes you may like...
Baked Brie with Strawberry Glaze
Cranberry Rum Brie
Phyllo Wrapped Black Forest Ham and Swiss Filled Brie
Warm Blueberry Brie