Crab Meat and Brie Phyllo Round
Prosciutto and dried cranberries can be substituted for the crabmeat.
- 1 (6-ounce) can flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup smoked ham, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9 x 14), thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, ham, scallion, garlic, pepper and salt,
- Remove rind from top of Brie and top with crabmeat mixture.
- Prepare fillo round by placing Brie in center of intersecting fillo strips
and enclosing with fillo.
- In small bowl, beat egg and water to make egg wash. Brush over fillo round.
Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden
- Cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
For a variation, in place of crabmeat, combine 1/2 cup chopped Prosciutto
with 1/2 cup dried cranberries. Place on top of Brie and continue as above.
Recipe and photo credit: Athens Foods.
Other Brie recipes you may like...
Baked Brie with Strawberry Glaze
Cranberry Rum Brie
Phyllo Wrapped Black Forest Ham and Swiss Filled Brie
Warm Blueberry Brie