Cranberry Rum Brie
Warm Brie cheese topped with spiced cranberry sauce and pecans will delight your
holiday guests with its flavor and festive appearance.
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers or ginger snaps
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, rum extract, cranberry sauce and nutmeg.
Stir to blend.
- Scrape or cut off the top rind of the cheese, leaving 1/4-inch edge by scoring
or making a circle on the top 1/4-inch from the edge with a small knife. Using
a teaspoon, simply scrape off the top of the rind, exposing the cheese. Top
Brie with cranberry mixture and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 5 minutes, or until cheese is softened.
- Using a large spatula, place Brie round on serving plate and surround with
Yield: 8 servings
Reprinted with permission from McCormick.