Creamy Whipped Brie with Cranberry Salsa
Brie is whipped until creamy with cream cheese, pepper and lemon zest, then served with cranberry-jalapeno salsa.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peeled and finely minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 pound brie cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until very finely chopped.
Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the green onions, jalapeno, sugar, salt, cilantro, lemon juice and
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the rind from the brie and put the cheese into a food
processor with the cream cheese, pepper and lemon zest. Process until very smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate. (This can be made 24
hours in advance.)
- Bring to room temperature 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers and the salsa on the side.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.