Serve this elegant, yet easy, Crescent-Wrapped Brie with one or more of the following toppings: chutney, jalapeno jelly, fruit preserves or salsa.
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) round natural Brie cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough.
- With small cookie or canapé cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside.
- Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings
1 Serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 270mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g); Protein 6g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo photo used with permission from:
Pillsbury - Bake-off is a registered trademark of Betty Crocker 2007 and General Mills