Brie is breaded with French bread crumbs, then fried until golden brown in a
- 1/2 pound brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 loaf French bread
- Remove and discard paper and plastic wrapping from cheese. Coat all surfaces
- Beat egg with water in a pie plate until foamy. Dip cheese in egg, then
in crumbs, coating well.
- Heat butter in a small skillet or flameproof stove-to-table casserole just
until it foams. Put cheese in pan; cover; cook over low heat about 5 minutes,
or until golden brown on one side. Turn over and cook, covered, on other side
- Remove from heat; make a cut in the cheese so it will run.
- Serve at once while warm with bread that has been cut into small pieces.
Pass around while warm - cheese firms as it cools.
Yield: 4 to 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.