Mexican Baked Brie
Mexican Baked Brie is drizzled with an orange marmalade-Grand Marnier mixture,
then garnished with mandarin orange slices and orange spirals.
- 1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- Puff pastry sheet
- 1 (16 ounce) wheel brie
- Slice banana very thinly. De-seed and chop jalapeno. Chop cilantro leaves.
Toast almonds until golden.
- In a saucepan, combine marmalade and Grand Marnier and cook until bubbly.
Set aside one-quarter cup of mixture.
- Add jalapenos to remaining mixture and sauté until soft.
- Add cilantro and sauté approximately one minute. Remove from heat.
- Slice Brie down the middle, horizontally and place banana slices and small
amount of orange mixture on top of bottom half. Top with other half of Brie.
Place pastry on oven safe platter and add the remaining bananas, orange mixture
and toasted almonds; top with Brie. Wrap pastry in a blanket form and turn over.
Vent the Brie and brush with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let set for at least 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining orange mixture. Garnish with mandarin orange slices
and orange spirals.
- Serve with crisp, salty crackers.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.