Pastry Wrapped Raspberry Chipotle Baked Brie
Brie is topped with a raspberry chipotle sauce, wrapped with puff pastry and baked.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 6 tablespoons Epicurean's Delight Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1 small round brie
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
- Butter a baking pan and line with aluminum foil. Roll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut one 8-inch and one approximately 4-inch circle ( a little larger than the round of brie). Keep remaining dough.
- Place 8-inch circle on baking pan and center brie on top of the dough. Top brie with raspberry sauce and nuts. Bring the dough up the sides of the cheese and press firmly so it will stay. Brush edges of dough with egg. Brush outer rim on the 4-inch dough circle with egg and place over the top of the cheese with the moistened side down. Press the two edges of the dough together firmly to seal.
- Brush top and sides with egg. Cut decorative designs from dough scraps and place on top. Brush decorations with egg.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (minimum) before baking.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, transfer baked brie to serving dish by carefully lifting the brie with the foil. Trim away excess foil.
Yield: 6 to 8 appetizer servings
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 5/4/02 8:09:30 pm.