Brie is wrapped with layers of phyllo dough, baked, then garnished with fresh
- 8 sheets commercial frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) round herbed brie cheese
- Fresh herbs
- Kitchen string
- Spray 1 sheet of phyllo with cooking spray, keeping remaining pastry covered
with a slightly damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Place Brie in center
of sheet; wrap phyllo around Brie. Repeat procedure 3 times, inverting Brie
each time; set aside.
- Layer remaining 4 sheets of phyllo pastry, spraying each with cooking spray;
place wrapped Brie in center. Bring corners of phyllo to center of Brie to cover,
gently gathering and pressing together in center to resemble a package. Carefully
tie with kitchen string. Coat wrapped Brie with cooking spray, and place on
a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden, shielding top of pastry
with aluminum foil the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove from oven; let stand about 20 minutes before serving.
- Remove string, and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
Yield: 12 to 15 appetizer servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.