Phyllo Wrapped Crab and Brie
Crab and shallots, sauteed in butter, are spread over brie slices, then wrapped
in phyllo sheets and baked.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 1/2 pound crabmeat, picked over well
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- Tabasco to taste (optional)
- 1/2 pound brie, cut into thin slices
- 15 sheets phyllo (1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup clarified butter (or ghee)
- Melt butter; add shallots and sauté until golden. Add crab; heat through
- Spread slices of Brie over crab. Keep over low heat without stirring until
Brie softens enough to be stirred without breaking lumps of crab. When mixture
is homogeneous, set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove 5 sheets of phyllo and cut in half lengthwise. For each packet, lay
out 1 strip phyllo with the short end toward you, and brush with butter. Place
about 1 1/2 teaspoons filling in corner of strip. Fold as you would a flag and
brush with butter. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Refrigerate if not
planning to use immediately.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.