Sugar and Nut-Glazed Brie
Pecans or almonds, brandy and brown sugar are baked on a wheel of brie, then
served with crackers and apple or pear slices.
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans or almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brandy (or other liqueur I used Kahlua)
- 1 firm-ripe whole brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Apple and pear slices
- Stir together the brown sugar, chopped pecans and brandy.
- Place cheese in a baking dish just slightly larger than the width of the
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven just until cheese begins to soften in the center,
about 6 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle sugar mixture over cheese.
- Bake until sugar melts and cheese is melted in center (cut to test), 3 to
5 minutes longer.
- Scoop hot cheese onto crackers and apple/pear slices to eat.
Yield: 6 to 8 appetizer servings
Posted by Becky/Colo at Recipe Goldmine 12/17/2001 10:16 am.
Source: Sunset Magazine, January, 2001
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.