Tequila-Cranberry Chutney on Brie
A delightful concoction of cranberries, onions, apples, tequila and orange-flavored liqueur tops this brie, followed by a hefty sprinkling of toasted pecans.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup diced red Delicious apples
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 small wheel or small wedges brie cheese
- French bread, sliced and toasted, or melba rounds
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in onion, cranberries, apples, sugar, pepper jelly, tequila, orange liqueur and orange peel; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until thick. Cool.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and dash of salt; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Place brie on a microwave-safe platter and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds, or just until warm. Top with chutney, then pecans.
- Serve with toast or melba rounds.
Yield: 30 servings