Apple, Cheddar and Walnut Toasts
- 24 thin slices narrow loaf French Bread
- 2 tart apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Cabot
- Extra Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread on baking sheet and toast lightly on both
sides under broiler.
- Remove from broiler and place about two apple slices on each toast. Mound
cheese on top.
- Press walnut pieces into cheese.
- Return to broiler until cheese and walnuts are lightly colored.
For instant drama, sandwich fresh bay or sage leaves between two identical clear
glass plates, available inexpensively from a home store. Set the toasts on top,
and add votive candles set into cored red and green apples to the table.
Reprinted with permission from Cabot Creamery.