Balsamic Blueberry Mascarpone Crostinis
A unique appetizer that takes only a few minutes to whip up? Listen here – these balsamic blueberry mascarpone crostinis are just what you need. Only a few minutes in the oven and a few minutes of prep to have an app that will leave your friends and family speechless. We promise there will be no leftover balsamic blueberry mascarpone crostinis (though you may want to make a batch just for yourself)!
- 18 (1/4-inch thick) French baguette slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil. Arrange on baking sheet and bake until
crisp and toasted, 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in medium non-stick skillet, heat blueberries, vinegar and sugar
just until blueberries are tender and a sauce forms, 4-5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Top toasts with mascarpone cheese (about 2 teaspoons per toast) and sprinkle
with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with blueberry mixture and fresh basil.
Yield: 18 Crostinis
Nutrition Per serving: Per Portion: 280 calories 19 g total fat (sat 9 g)
45 mg cholesterol 340 mg sodium 20 mg potassium 22 g total carbohydrate 1 g dietary
fiber 2 g total sugars 7 g protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bruschetta Recipes