Bruschetta of Love
- 6 slices crusty Italian bread, halved crosswise
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large firm ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Heat the broiler. Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet and broil
5 minutes from the heat until lightly browned. Turn and brown other side.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and
brush the mixture on one side of the bread slices.
- In a skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat; add
the tomatoes and salt and cook until just heated through.
- Stir in the basil and vinegar.
- Top the toasted slices with the tomato mixture.
- Garnish with cooked shrimp.
Yield: 6 servings