Bruschetta with Warm Chevre Spread
- 2 whole ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces chevre cheese, goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts for garnish
- Toasted French bread or crackers
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together and let stand at room temperature for at
least 30 minutes.
- Place Chevre cheese in a small round flat ovenproof dish. Press pine nuts
- Bake until warm, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon tomato mixture around cheese, and serve with toasted French bread
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.