- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling and topping
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a medium saucepan, combine cherry filling, onion, basil and oregano;
mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 5 minutes, or until mixture
is bubbly and flavors are blended.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic and olive oil. Brush both sides of each
bread slice with oil mixture; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil, 4 to 5 inches from the heat, 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden
- Top each slice of bread with a generous tablespoon of cherry mixture.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or first course.
Yield: 8 servings; serving size: 2 slices of bread
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bruschetta Recipes