Crabby Pico De Gallo Bruschetta
- 1/2 pound excellent quality canned backfin crabmeat
- 1/2 each small red, orange and green bell pepper, small dice
- 1/2 large shallot, small dice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse flaked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup (about 4 ounces) Wisconsin Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Baby Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, seeded, small dice
- 16 1/4-inch thick, diagonally cut French baguette slices
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 1 or 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Gently toss crab, bell peppers, shallot, garlic, cilantro, parsley, sea salt, oil and lemon juice in large bowl; do not over-mix.
- Mix 3 cheeses in large bowl.
- Lay baguette slices on sheet pans. Spoon about 2 tablespoons crab mixture on each slice. Top each with tomato. Heap and press cheese on top.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Yield: 16 bruschetta
By Chef Scott C. Anderson