Crostini with Wisconsin Peppercorn Feta
Crumbled feta cheese, cream cheese and pistachios make a delicious topping for
toasted French bread slices.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Wisconsin feta cheese with peppercorns, crumbled (or 1 cup plain Wisconsin feta cheese mixed with 1 teaspoon cracked peppercorns)
- 1 (8-ounce) package Wisconsin cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 loaf French bread (12 inches long), cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat broiler.
- Combine cheeses and nuts; mix well. Set aside.
- Set oven rack 4 inches below broiler and heat broiler.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil and place on rack in boiler pan.
- Broil bread slices until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
- Spread each slice with cheese mixture and serve immediately.
Yield: 24 crostini
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin - wisconsincheese.com/recipes
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bruschetta Recipes