Greek Shrimp Bruschetta
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 baguette, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp
and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp are cooked.
- Transfer shrimp to a small bowl and chill.
- Combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large
bowl; stir in shrimp.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet; brush bread with remaining olive oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon shrimp mixture onto each bread slice.
Yield: 2 dozen
Recipe credit: Coastal Living, July 2004.